Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Weight Watchers & Keepin' Kosher

Recently I joined Weight Watchers (based on some good advice from a very dear friend). I didn't have alot to lose. I had just reached the magical age where my metabolism was no longer bailing me out of my bad eating habits...:) And so mostly I joined to retrain myself in all the things my mother had tried to teach me when I was 10. More broccoli, less chocolate. No it's not that bad... of all the programs out there, WW seems to be the most balanced and you don't have to give up anything, you just have to eat less of certain things and more of others. No miracles, just alot of previously-never-applied-because-I-didn't-have-to common sense.

What in the world does this have to do with keeping kosher? Well, up until this point I was still wondering how in the world I was ever going to live without being able to pop into Burger King and the local pizza shops whenever I wanted to. I wouldn't be able to order in. I'd have to *gasp*... cook it myself! And although I didn't really worry about it alot, I still wondered how hard it would be.

Then after almost 2 months on WW, it dawned on me that I had already given up all those things without kosher being the reason for any of it. They were simply too many points to be worth it!! LOL!!

So now, keeping kosher seems a little less daunting and my mom would be quite proud of all the vegetables I consume! LOL!! (I've learned that a little olive oil makes everything taste better and it's good for you too!)

It was a lesson I never expected to learn just by trying to lose a few pounds.

I just love when I realize that G-d has been showing me something all along and I didn't even know it!

OTR

No comments: