Monday, February 06, 2006

The All Merciful One

Recently I was talking to a friend about being tested by G-d. She said she believes G-d tests us not so He can see what we are made of, but so that we ourselves can see what we are made of. It really made sense. G-d is all-knowing. He already knows how we are going to react or what we are going to do. He doesn't need to test us to find out. But when we weather a test or make it thru hard times or overcome temptation, our confidence is built and our emunah is strengthened. Little by little we are able to see that we are capable of serving Hashem with pure hearts and strength of purpose.

This is very encouraging to me. G-d tests me so I can see that I can serve and trust Him. I have also tested G-d by praying right out loud for things that I feel are beyond my control or for things for which I do not yet feel I have the strength to handle. I have been amazed every single day for He has not yet left a prayer unanswered and I have felt Him holding my hand to help me walk thru that, which at the time, look like a burning wall of fire or an impossibly high mountain.

I want Him to know that I am thankful beyond words and grateful beyond measure. I tell Him everyday and just wanted to share about His faithfulness and mercy which have been to me far beyond anything I could have ever imagined and so much more than anything I could ever hope to deserve.

Baruch Hashem

OTR

No comments: