Monday, October 24, 2005

Welcome to my world!

To all who happen across this blog...hello and welcome.

I must say I was a bit hesitant about starting a blog of my own, although a friend of mine has recently started her own and is quite good at it. However, my life has taken a rather unexpected turn of late and after some encouragement from my friend, I thought it might be fun to write and share my adventures with others.

My dear friend has cleverly observed that the title of my blog holds a double meaning for me. The more obvious one may be that I am simply mad about Judy Garland...:)...and have been for as long as I can remember. I think she is one of the greatest people that ever lived. She has been a huge inspiration to me and only fellow fans can truly appreciate the connection one can feel with a person you've never met and who passed on long before you were even born.

The second meaning is probably not as obvious, but it is the most important of the two. I am a Noachide, but have recently decided to convert to Judaism. Therefore, I am leaving the covenant of the 'rainbow' in order to become part of the covenant of Abraham and part of the Jewish people. Since I've made this decision, I have never been more scared, excited or hopeful in my whole life!

So I am dedicating this blog to sharing my story in hopes that it will be an encouragement to anyone who happens to find me here. For whether you are a Noachide (non-Jew) or a Jew we all share the same purpose ...to serve G-d with all of our heart, with all of our soul and with all of our might.

My sincere wish is that all who seek truth will find it and that all will seek the truth.

Happy landings,

OverTheRainbow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My sincere wish is that all who seek truth will find it and that all will seek the truth."

May your superbly eloquent wish come true.

And may G-d bestow upon you great success, materially and spiritually!